2) Male/Female: Female
3) Were you named after anyone?: No, my parents just thought it was a "happy name". My middle name is taken after my mother's sister.
4) Does your name mean anything?: Same root as the word Barbarian. Comes from Greek. As a name it means mysterious and enigmatic, yet intriguing. Literally beautiful stranger. I think it suits my quiet personality well :)
5) Nick Name(s): Barb I suppose... a few people have called me Barbie, but I have never liked it much... Boba in high school for a while from a few, Ra also from a few but its worn off. I like it when people call me by my full name, but only my mother, and on rare occasion Benjamin, do that.
6) Who do you think you look like: People have told me I look like Rene Zellweger if she was less blonde, but I dont know if I see the resemblance. I just think I look German.
7) Date Of Birth: New Years Day.
8) Place of Birth and Current Location: New York State, currently living in Chicago
9) Nationality: American. Background: Scottish, English, German, Swiss
10) Astrology Sign: Capricorn
11) Chinese Astrology Sign: Snake
12) Religion: Agnostic
13) What’s your favorite smell?: fresh roses, rain, autumn, boy smell
14) Political Position?: subjectively moderate
15) What do you prefer to drink in the morning?: Tea? Coffee?
16) Hair + Eye color: Basic brown. I dye it a darker shade. My eyes are always a very icy dark blue when my pupils aren't huge.
17) Do you look like anyone famous?: no i dont think so
18) What do you look like?: Ehhhhhhh a lolita?
19) Any unusual talents?: I'm a fairly good artist. I don't know how unusual that is. I also have balanced a spoon on my nose for 30 minutes....
20) Rightly, Lefty, or Ambidextrous?: right
21) Gay, Straight, Bi, or Other?: Straight mostly.
22) What do you do for a living?: school. I also work in career planning... But mostly make art. Though it doesnt bring in money, it absorbs most of my energy.
23) What do you do for fun?: Watch and make film. Fashion and lolita. Sew stuff.
24) What are your favorite art materials to work with?: Found materials. Textile stuff mostly. Various flora... wire, plastics, plaster.
25) What kind of materials would you like to work with?: Currently exploring the wonders that are thermoplastics.
26) Have you met your grandparents?: Yup
27) Boyfriend / Girlfriend: Yes
28) Crush: thankfully fading.
29) What celebrity would you date if you could?: Lee Pace <3
30) Current worries?: money, school, what will happen when im done with school in too soon a time. Grad school. My relationship to a certain extent but that seems to be working itself out.
31) Favorite online Guy/Girl(s): Girls: um... there are quite a few lolitas i really love, but i dont know their lj names... Basje because I adore her posts and photos, even though I rarely post on her journal. Boys: Jochem but I suppose he's not an internet friend anymore since I've hung out with him in real life... I think BoyKitten is amazingly fabulous. I wish he posted more. And that one brolita whos much prettier than me.
32) Favorite place to be?: crooked lake stargazing in the cold with Benn :), I also adore the European countryside. I wish I could always be there. Any sort of fabulous garden, or any sort of fabulous cafe/patisserie.
33) Least favorite place to be?: grumpy on the el in the morning.
34) Do you burn or tan?: BURN :(
35) Ever break a bone?: never
36) What is your favorite cereal?: count chocula. Motherfuckers.
37) Person you cry with: I prefir to cry alone. Ben always tries to get me to stop...
Do You Have...
38) Any sisters: nope
39) Any brothers: 1 biological, 3 by.... relation
40) Any pets: 2 cats, a dog with my parents. I did have another dog but she passed away this summer :(
she was the best
41) An Illness: I have a wicked cold + jetlaggggggg
42) A Pager: What?
43) A Personal phone line: hahaha
44) A Cell phone: YUP
45) A visible birthmark: No
46) A Pool or hot tub: I don't own either
47) A Car: no
48) Personality: Quiet i guess. Cold at times, passionate at others. Probably very foolish and arrogant. Creative and curious. Mostly intellectual. I try to be kind and polite to the people I care about, and most people that I don't.
49) Driving: normal?
50) Your clothing style: Lazy art kid with a touch of romanticism. Fashiony when I feel like it. I dress in extremes.
51) Room: white and messy. Decorating needs to happen in this apartment. And purging.
52) What’s missing:
53) School: School of the Art Institute
54) Bed: white frame, curretly white and navy striped sheets.
55) Relationship with your parent(s): great
56) Do you believe in yourself: mostly
57) Do you believe in love at first sight?: eh...
58) Consider yourself a good listener: I try to be.
59) Have a future dream that you would like to share?: I really want to work at Angels in London.
60) Get Along with your parents: Wasn't this asked? Yes.
61) Save your e-mail conversations: Automatic these days :P
62) Pray: only when desperate
63) Believe in reincarnation: i dont know
64) Brush your teeth twice a day?: nah, just once
65) Like to talk on the phone: no. I really dislike it.
66) Like to eat?: when the food is good, then immensely!
67) Like to exercise?: no D:
68) Like to watch sports?: no D: D:
69) Sing in the car?: yes definately
70) What is a dream that you have all the time?: I have flying dreams in large numbers, though I havent had many lately. I've had a lot of nightmares involving snakes lately.
71) Dream in color: Yes. I dont know anyone who doesn't?
72) Do you have nightmares?: yeah, uncomfortably frequently
73) Sleep with a stuffed animal: no, I have a boy instead.
74) Right next to you: cats
75) On your favorite coffee cup?: my Dalek mug
76) On your mouse pad: geez this is old...
77) favorite flavor of gum?: gum is gross.
78) Your brand of deodorant?: uh... the purple kind.
79) Your dream honeymoon spot: cottage in the english or french countryside :)
80) Your dream husband/wife: Someone like a more mature Benjamin. He can stick around and we'll see :)
81) Hiding in your closet?: expensive baroque molding I bought and havent used...
83) The name of one of your closest/best friends?: Elissa
84) Your bad time of the day: waking up
85) Your worst fear(s): ... mmmmm
86) What's the weather like: cold
87) Your favorite time of year?: oh i dont know times when im not too stressed to enjoy the weather.
88) Your favorite holiday?: of the traditional ones? Halloween. I do like Christmas, but only the family tradtions and things. I dont like all of the bad music. I do like the cookies.
89) A material weakness?: clothes. Expensive clothes. I'm really glad I didn't drop 700 euros on that jacket I really wanted though... I also really love good food. While I didn't buy the Junya Watanabe jacket, I instead went and bought a 75 euro meal >.<
90) The weirdest food or drink that you like: er... I dont know if anything I eat regularly is that werid. Ive tried some really strange things. In Italy I ate a lard sandwich that was amazingly delicious, but desrcibing it makes me want to vomit. I dont know when the next time I'll eat one is though.
91) At the top of your "to-do list"?: Uhhh pay my phone bill?
92) The hardest thing about growing up: working.
93) A pet peeve?: tennis shoes with skirts. Drives me nuts.
94) Your scariest moment: I really really thought I was pregnant with Kaj's child. That was awful.
95) Your attitude about love?: wonderful, though not as exclusive as people think it is.
96) The funniest or most desperate thing you've done to get the attention of the opposite sex?: oh jees, the things I've done to impress/get the attention of boys have been very desperate, though not funny at all. I wont repeat them in this survey as some of them rate on the list of things I've done that make me lean towards suicide or catatonia.
97) The worst feeling in the world: ... Illness to make things easy.
98) The best feeling in the world: Complete satisfaction. To lack wanting in anyway. Mundane Nirvana.
99) Who sent this to you?: No one
100) Four to six people you tag: .....